Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Test For Sex Addiction

Luke Ford writes

I answered yes to the following questions (many of the below questions I would not answer “yes” to for my life right now, but I’ve answered “yes” for times in the past, so while my life right now is tranquil, I know I have many self-destructive tendencies in this regard):

Have you ever tried to control how much sex to have or how often you would see someone?
Do you find yourself unable to stop seeing a specific person even though you know that seeing this person is destructive to you?
Do you feel that you don’t want anyone to know about your sexual or romantic activities?
Do you get “high” from sex and/or romance?
Have you had sex at inappropriate times, in inappropriate places, and/or with inappropriate people?
Do you make promises to yourself concerning your sexual or romantic behavior that you find you cannot follow?
Have you had or do you have sex with someone you don’t (didn’t) want to have sex with?
Do you believe that sex and/or a relationship will make your life bearable?
Have you ever felt that you had to have sex?
Do you believe that someone can “fix” you?



No comments: