Thursday, September 16, 2010

Torah Puts Community First

Luke Ford writes:

I grew up a Protestant. The center of our faith was individual salvation to Heaven.

I loved movies that glorified the individual against the group such as 1966’s A Man For All Seasons.

When I turned 18, I dropped my belief in God and I dropped my religious observance. I went to work on the Sabbath at radio stations KAHI/KHYL in Auburn. Then I’d come home and work around the house. I’d chop and clear until my father asked me to desist as it was the Sabbath.

I’m listening to a 2007 lecture by Dennis Prager on Leviticus 13:4: “If the spot on his skin is white but does not appear to be more than skin deep and the hair in it has not turned white, the priest is to put the infected person in isolation for seven days.”

 



No comments: